Enjoy the MoneyBlog? Stay up to date with the latest news and information with your free subscription to the MoneyClub. Sign up in the box on your right.
It’s a reasonable assumption to make that people who put a lot of time into learning a particular skill usually become experts at it. In other words…“practice makes perfect”. Property Investment is no different. It’s a business and should be treated as such. Things can turn pear-shaped when it’s regarded as a “hobby”.
We’ve all heard the barbeque disaster stories of people who have had bad experiences with property investing. More often than not these people have made the mistake of diving in with minimal education and/or advice.
To run a successful property investment business you will need a team of skilled people working with and for you. This is likely to include a lawyer, accountant, mortgage broker, valuer and also possibly a property manager and project manager/builder. Unless you have the experience (or are able to put aside the time to create it!), using a professional property finder might make a lot of economic sense for you. It sure makes a lot of economic sense for me to pay a dentist rather than try to do it myself.
Recognising, sourcing and negotiating property investment opportunities is a specialised skill and those of you who are interested in saving time, money and stress may want to enlist I Find Property to help you build your property investment business. We’d love to work with you.
Maree Tassell is my business partner. She has been investing in property for many years and started I Find Property over 6 years ago so she has lots of experience finding great deals for investors.
• Dissatisfied with your current vocation?
• Ready for your dream job?
• Don’t know where to start?
• But motivated to make it happen?
We are looking for enthusiastic kiwis ready to Start Over!
SKY Television’s Vibe channel and Top Shelf Productions are joining forces to create a unique career make-over series.
You may have a sense of what it is you truly wish to do but for various reasons have been unable to achieve it; perhaps your confidence has taken a hit or you have been out of the workforce raising a family; you may have recently come through an illness or relocated from a city or country, you may simply dream of a different career path.
Whatever your story, Starting Over and our team of specialists will help you get to where you want to be.
You will be provided with invaluable professional direction from our life coach and careers strategist as well as experts appropriate to your unique needs.
You will also receive a physical make-over courtesy of our sensational Starting Over sponsors and our stylist who will help create a fantastic new look to complement your new life.
You will be required to commit to several hours of filming each week, over a 16 week period, and you will need to set your sights on accomplishing goal plans and challenges off camera as well as on. Commitment is essential!
If you want to be on the Starting Over series download an application online at www.startingover.co.nz or call
0800 4 NEW START to have an application posted.
We can get so busy in our daily lives and get so stressed about the most simple of things.
These lessons were written by a 90 year old women Regina Brett who shows some great wisdom and provides a great reminder to us all.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks..
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- 17.. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come…
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.