KiwiSaver is a voluntary, work-based savings plan run by the government and the IRD which started on 1st July 2007 and is designed to make it easier for you to save towards your retirement. Currently, just under 1.7 million New Zealanders are invested in a KiwiSaver scheme.
- It’s a relatively low-cost savings scheme compared to other retirement plans.
- You have flexibility to increase or decrease your contributions (subject to the minimum contribution level) at any time.
- You can, if eligible, stop your contributions for a specific period by applying for a contributions holiday.
- Your employer also makes compulsory contributions to your account (if you’re eligible).
- The Government provides the Member Tax Credit to eligible members.
- KiwiSaver provides a range of professionally managed funds to suit whatever age and stage you’re at in life.
- A ‘First Home Deposit Subsidy’ is available to eligible members.
- When you join you will receive a $1000 kick start from the Government.
Note we can not give you specific advice about KiwiSaver as we are not an Authorised Financial Advisor which is authorised to give advice on Category 1 products which KiwiSaver as a registered security is. We can refer you to someone who can give you this specific advice. Please email us if you would like a recommendation.
What we can do is check that you have completed your application correctly, certify your application form and send it off to Onepath on your behalf.
If you would like us to do this please post your completed application to:
Acumen Consulting Group
PO Box 91544
Victoria Street West